Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blogging Break

The winner of my ARC of Beneath the Slashings by Michelle Isenhoff is:


Hooray! Email your mailing address to barbarawatson94(at)gmail(dot)com.

And, in other news . . . my daughter turns thirteen. Tomorrow! That means TWO teenagers will live in my house (my son is on his way to fifteen). And because we make a big deal about kids' birthdays around here (often with three or four different celebrations by the time it's over), I figured a blogging break would be a great idea. (Yep. I'm brilliant like that.)

It's also a good time to share this cool photo I snapped off my deck a few months ago. The English teacher in me wants to talk symbols concerning this photo, but the writer in me
will let you imagine all the photo's possibilities.


I'll be back on Monday, November 5th.

17 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your daughter and enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to her! Lots of birthdays in your neck of the woods lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your daughter's birthday. Have a great break from blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your daughter, Barbara. Thirteen is hard (for mom), but oh-so-cool too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like your photo. And, a happy birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday to you (hope you got to be princess for the day!) and to your newly teen daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must be great to share a birthday month with your daughter. :)
    Happy birthday to the brand new teen and enjoy your break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your time and your kids and the view from your deck! See you in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thirteen? How exciting! Hope your daughter has a great birthday! Looking forward to your return in November. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your blogging break, Barbara. My oldest turns 13 in less than two months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to all, and enjoy your celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to your daughter! Have a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you're enjoying your blogging break and especially the birthday celebrations! I had two teens at the same time. Thirteen was a nice age. Fifteen -- not so nice! But they grow up fast and become fine young 20-somethings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've just come back from my blogging break, so hope yours is as wonderful as mine has been. Enjoy and cherish those teens as trying as they can be at times!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy your break, and time with the teens! I'm just getting back from a long break -- and catching up on my blog reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two teenagers! I'll have one in my house soon enough too (next year), but the tweens have been a challenge already :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments. Yay! They're almost as good as chocolate. Almost.