Monday, August 6, 2012

What's Happening

The first thing that's happening is I need to announce the winner of the signed hardcover of Circle of Secrets! 
And that lucky person is:

Kimberly Gabriel! 

Kimberley's book goes to Kimberly! How awesome is that!!

Kimberly, email your mailing address to barbarawatson94(at)gmail(dot)com, I'll pass it on to Kimberley, and Kimberley will mail her book to you, Kimberly. (Sorry. Too much fun not to do that.)

The second thing that's happening is actually something that's not happening; I have no Marvelous Middle Grade Monday for you today. With two editing projects currently on my plate (loving my new business venture, by the way!) and my niece staying with us for the week (she's 19 and for some reason doesn't want to just sit around. Huh.), I figured a tiny blogging break was in order. This means I won't post with The Kindness Project either (insert very sad face), but you can find links for that right here on Wednesday.

So this week, most likely late, late at night, I'll be doing a lot of this (--->) as I edit my way through my clients' novels. Good thing my dog Teddy always keeps me company.

Until next Monday,
 

19 comments:

  1. Congrats Kimberly. Enjoy your blogging break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome your business is taking off. Enjoy your time off. I'll be off next week when my mom, aunt, & uncle come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the editing. Summer's an awesome time for a blogging break since we're all doing the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so excited! How fun to stop by your blog this morning and see I've won a fabulous book! I was excited about this one too! I'll send you an email now. Good luck with the editing Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the glimpse of your writing/editing space. Glad your business is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big congratulations to Kimberly and enjoy your niece's visit Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, good luck with that editing! Stay focused now. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Kimberly!

    Enjoy your break and have fun editing and spending time with your niece. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your break, and have fun editing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Kimberly won Kimberley's book! :-)

    Good luck with your editing Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally understandable why you'd need a blogging break. Hope everything goes well with your editing projects!

    And your niece doesn't want to just sit around? What nerve! (Haha, I kid, of course. Mostly. XD)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I really do get the need for a blogging break. I always feel so out of the loop when I'm on a break but also refreshed. I hope you'll be able to get some of your writing projects done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post, Barbara - too funny! And how fabulous that Kimberly won!!!

    I've got the book all packaged up and it will go out in the mail later today. I'm hunkered down with some massive editorial revisions as well.

    Enjoy your blogging break and have fun with your niece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this photo of your writing nook!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that picture of you and your faithful office companion. When did you start editing, or have you always?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to Kimberly and good luck w/all the editing work! shew, busy lady~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to win! Congrats to Kimberly. Can I borrow your dog? He's a perfect writing companion.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't Circle of Secrets a great book title?

    Glad you're enjoying your new editing biz. Best of luck! Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Comments. Yay! They're almost as good as chocolate. Almost.