Monday, June 25, 2012

Marvelous Middle Grade Monday: The 13th Sign (cover reveal and contest!)

The cover for The 13th Sign by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb!


Stunning. And Intriguing. Simple. But complex.
*stares at cover*
*stares some more*

Kristin revealed her cover on June 13th (Everyone sees that right? The 13th Sign. June 13th. Yep.), so it's loveliness has been out for awhile, but I want to draw your attention to something she's doing with the cover reveal . . .

The 13th Sign releases in January 2013 (The 13th Sign. Releases in 2013. Yep again.), but Kristin is holding a cover reveal contest. Right now. With prizes. Lots of very cool prizes. Like books.
What's more awesome than that?
Nothing.
(I knew you'd agree with me.)

But first, here's a little teaser about the book from the jacket copy:

What if there was a 13th zodiac sign? 


You’re no longer Sagittarius, but Ophiuchus, the healer, the 13th sign. 


Your personality has changed.
So has your mom’s and your best friend’s. 


What about the rest of the world? 


What if you were the one who accidentally unlocked the 13th sign, causing this world-altering change—and infuriating the other 12 signs?  


Jalen did it, and now she must use every ounce of her strength and cunning to send the signs back where they belong.
Lives, including her own, depend on it.”



Completely fascinating, right? I'm certainly hooked.
And now for the cover reveal contest:

  1. Search the cover above for THREE zodiac symbols. Got them? Good! Then…
  2. Email your answers directly to Kristin at ktubb@comcast.net by June 30 to…
  3. Be entered into a drawing! The following will be doled out randomly to three folks who send in correct answers:
-a $50 IndieBound gift card!
-a signed hardcover of SELLING HOPE plus a signed paperback of AUTUMN WINIFRED OLIVER DOES THINGS DIFFERENT!
-a book “basket” including three middle grade books: BRIDGE TO TIME by Lewis Buzbee, THE STRANGE CASE OF ORIGAMI YODA by Tom Angleberger, and THE GIRL WHO CIRCUMNAVIGATED FAIRYLAND IN A SHIP OF HER OWN MAKING by Catherynne M. Valente
4.   BONUS! Anyone who includes a FOUTH zodiac symbol in their answers will get double entries for the above drawing!

And that’s it!  Start searching and emailing!

If you’d like to preorder THE 13TH SIGN, you can do so here  (Amazon) or here (Indiebound)! You’ll be automatically be eligible for the upcoming THE 13TH SIGN Preorder Contest!

24 comments:

  1. I just saw the cover for this. It does sound good. Thanks for sharing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. The white, black and red really make this pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that cover is SO gorgeous - i just pinned it under my favorite book covers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...that is a nice, nice cover! Thanks for sharing it....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative cover! So nice of you to promote her book, it sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool cover! And what a great contest! I wish I would have included this one in my post this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, all! Thank you so much for the cover gushes - I'm right there with you! Artist Rich Deas really hit a home run with this one. I appreciate the comments, and hope you can play along in the contest!

    Barbara, MANY thanks for the post! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 13th Sign sounds fascinating. Definitely going on my to-read list. Thanks, Barbara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea (both for a novel and for a contest!) Now to look up my zodiak signs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous idea! I have all fan-girl over this cover!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an eye-catching cover! I know my students will snatch this one from the shelves...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all so much for the cover love! I really appreciate hearing this feedback, and look forward to passing it along to the artist! He really studied this story to come up with this cover - each one of those symbols is in the text. It blows me away every time I look at it! Thanks, all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cover and the concept. Already have my attention wondering what the 13th sign could be!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cover and the premise sounds intriguing. I'll have to see if my kids would be interested in it. Thanks for telling us about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy to spread the cover love, Kristin!

    I, too, thank you all for your enthusiasm and hope you entered Kristin's contest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a really fun contest. Hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun one. Very creative. Hope you entered for your chance to win too!

      Delete
  17. wow, that is a great hook!!! This is MG though??? How many kids know or care about zodiac signs?? Well maybe more than I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is MG--although upper MG, geared to 10-14 year olds. The zodiac element in the story is of a fantastical realm, NOT the usual zodiac/horoscope type, so the fantasy backdrop will surely appeal to MG readers.

      Delete
  18. This is a most clever concept. I have never heard of this one before. Best wishes for Kristen and the 13th sign. And good luck with the contest too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that cover, and the concept of the book sounds intriguing. I love plots that start from a "what-if" question.

    ReplyDelete

Comments. Yay! They're almost as good as chocolate. Almost.