Wednesday, April 18, 2012

World Book Night

Yesterday I picked up these!!!


And on Monday I get to chat with a group of fourth graders at a local elementary school who don't like to read. I'll be asking lots of questions (my opening one being: If you could take a trip anywhere, where would you go? --To make them realize books take you EVERYWHERE!). We're also making 'Dump Punch' (page 144 of Because of Winn-Dixie) and drinking it together. I'm super excited to be part of this (first!!)
U.S. World Book Night! I'll share all about it next week.

8 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! I saw this picture on FB and thought it was Barbara O'Connor. I wondered why she was giving away Kate Di Camillo's books...clearly too much going on in my brain right now.
    Glad it's you and you are so excited--you'll be great at this!
    Can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You confused me for Barbara O'Connor; I like that! :-)

    And here's a little something from Anita Silvey's blog that relates Kate DiCamillo, giving away books, and Barbara O'Connor (look in the comments). So it all comes full circle. http://childrensbookalmanac.com/2011/04/because-of-winn-dixie/?y=2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, I had never heard of this until I saw it on another blogger's post this morning. I just checked out the site and saw a lot of books I would have liked to giveaway. I'll sign up for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so exited for you. I can't wait to read your recap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I wonder how it will go? With punch on board, I'm sure it'll be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-hoo! Have a great time, Barbara. I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that question--and the response. That's why I love reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay for world book night! i can't wait for monday. hope you share the experience next week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments. Yay! They're almost as good as chocolate. Almost.