Monday, March 19, 2012

Marvelous Middle Grade Monday Break and Seven Random Things

Because I'm holding TWO super exciting book birthday parties in a row, I'm taking a break from Marvelous Middle Grade Monday today. Make sure you hop over to Shannon Messenger's blog because she lists and links those participating in the middle grade Monday fun.

Next Monday, March 26, I'll be book birthday partying for Seeing Cinderella by Jenny Lundquist and giving away my ARC. This is Jenny's debut novel, and it goes on sale TOMORROW, March 20th!!

On Monday, April 2nd, I join the blog tour and book birthday party for Adrian Fogelin's newest book, Summer on the Moon. I'm giving away an awesome hardcover, and I host my FIRST-EVER author interview!

Also, I've been tagged twice (by Akoss Ketoglo and Linda Jackson) and figured this was a perfect time to respond, but all I remember about the tags is they both had something to do with the number seven, so I'll just go ahead and make up my own thing here . . .

Seven Random Things About Me

Staying home is my favorite kind of day.
I don't like coffee but wish I did.
I adore chocolate but wish I didn't.
In a group of people, I'm the quiet one and I learn a lot.
If it's just you and me, that's when I'm chatty.
Long hair is gorgeous, but I've given up growing mine.
When I turned forty (two years ago), I realized I should be writing stuff so I am.

There you have it. And happy middle grade reading to you!

20 comments:

  1. I love staying home too. That's awesome you're giving away an ARC of Seeing Cinderella next week. I'm giving it away today. I loved that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, my aunt once told me that the desire to stay home is a good thing (home is where the heart is). She said we should be concerned about people who never want to be at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed I'm on your blog list--Thank you!

    I love staying home too. Today I hope to get outside a bit and rake. It's so warm here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Your chocolate and coffee comments cracked me up. Can't wait for your two "birthday" celebrations! I'm dying to get my hands on Seeing Cinderella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a fun post - i love the way you wrote your seven tidbits. and in the battle of chocolate vs coffee, chocolate always wins. unless you combine them! yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by, you guys! Today I have to grocery shop. It tops my list of least favorite things to do in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love learning about other bloggers! :D I like coffee and chocolate. But IDK if either is good for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, Barbara - We have a lot in common! See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm partial to tea, myself. And chocolate, of course, goes with anything.

    Enjoyed learning more about you, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the random sharing. I'd be the quiet one in the other corner. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved your random thoughts and can't wait for your upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, we are the same age! And similar six other ways, too, interesting! Yay for book birthdays - birthdays I can still feel happy about (unlike my own, ha ha) Summer on the Moon - what an interesting title.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! I was just coming here to tell you that I tagged you on MY blog with the Lucky 7 Meme. You are one lucky girl! Tagged three times! :D You actually have to post seven lines of your WIP from page 77, but we'll forgive you. Your seven random facts are great! Wow, we have a lot in common. I could almost have written those facts. Except for the coffee. I do drink coffee now, but I didn't until I was in my 30s.

    In case you still want to do the Lucky 7 Meme, here's the link: http://dutchhillnews.blogspot.com/2012/03/lucky-7-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Exciting times coming up on your blog and I'm looking forward to them. Like you I love love being at home. Thanks for sharing some of yourself in the seven randoms!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - your list sounds like it's about me! It's nice to get to know you a little better. I'll be watching for your upcoming features!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking forward to Seeing Cinderella!

    You are one popular taggee - I tagged you also for the Lucky Seven. Though I did enjoy your 7 random facts :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Staying at home is my favorite day too. And I hear you about the chocolate.

    I'm going to get Seeing Cinderella for my 8 year old. It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun facts! I don't like coffee, either. I sometimes feel like the only writer who doesn't.... XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I didn't like chocolate too! Oh well. *grabs a Twix bar*

    ReplyDelete

Comments. Yay! They're almost as good as chocolate. Almost.