Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Breadcrumbs Releases Today!

Anne Ursu's much-talked-about Breadcrumbs releases TODAY! To celebrate, I'm giving away my signed ARC to one lucky commenter! (Okay, it's not signed yet but it will be on Sunday). Comment by 1:00pm CST Friday, September 30th, to enter! And while that's cool, this is waaaaay cooler: Walden Pond Press is giving away an iPad! Follow this link for details!

I can't rave enough about this book. Anne Ursu's capture of the middle grade voice and her treatment of issues at the heart of middle graders - all while weaving a wondrous tale - is hard to place in words. Breadcrumbs is funny, witty, sad, delightful, and beautiful. You simply must read it for yourself.

And the illustrations by Erin McGuire take your breath away. I'm issuing a caution, however, that some of the illustrations were not set at the ARC's printing and say "art to come." But those you do see? Wow. If you want them all, by all means PURCHASE THIS BOOK!! (You really should anyway.)

I reviewed (gushed about) Breadcrumbs this summer; that review/gush is found right here. And.....if you live in the Minneapolis area, Anne Ursu is visiting several local bookstores, as well as The Loft, in October and November. Check her website for details as well as details on her blog tour (which begins today)!

And.....this counts as my Thursday post for the week. I know it's not a writerly one, but Anne's writing style is something to be studied (if you can do that without getting lost in her stories)! So I guess I made it writerly after all.

Happy Breadcrumbs book birthday!


10 comments:

  1. That looks like a good one...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this on my radar ever since you featured it in the past. You don't have to enter me for the giveaway as I plan to get my own copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Akoss, that's why I'm giving my ARC away - simply must have the real thing!

    Michael, Kristen - so far it's between you guys!

    And hey guys, did you enter for the iPad??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Book B Day to Anne and I am so buying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this book and I could stare at the cover for a full day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, yay!

    Emmy, it's mesmerizing, isn't it? So is the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want this, it sounds amazing. Sorry I'm late to this party....I blame the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, I'm too late to enter, but thanks for posting about this book. It sounds good, and I'm really drawn in by the cover.

    Anonymous, alias Marcia Hoehne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooke, you were within the time frame so you're fine.

    Marcia, awwww, I'm sorry! But the book is truly wonderful; there's been talk about Newbery potential. Time will tell....

    ReplyDelete

Comments. Yay! They're almost as good as chocolate. Almost.