Friday, September 9, 2011

Blogging Change

Autumn, at least where I live, is a time of change. Even the trees know it. I snapped this photo in late fall last year off my deck. While beautiful, the view is very different from my summer one. And wouldn't you know, my blogging view has changed from summer to fall also. Just when I thought I had it all figured out.

At the beginning of summer, I blogged about my blogging schedule. Middle grade reads on Mondays, writing blurbs on Wednesdays, and free-for-all Fridays. It worked superbly - for summer - until I took an (almost) break from blogging in August and discovered in September that I JUST CAN'T KEEP UP!

You may say, so what? Blog when you can, blog when you feel like it, blog because you want to, and blog because you love it. And I do all those things. But I also love (and need) a schedule. So here it is: on Mondays I'll still share my love of middle grade reads (along with a lovely list of other bloggers who do the same) and Thursdays will be writerly blurbs mixed with a little free-for-all Friday flavor.

There you have it. The new schedule. And......
You guessed it. It's subject to change.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan, Barbara. If we're not flexible, we crack, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you have a schedule. And your backyard view is awesome! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. I'm also trying to figure out a blog READING schedule - so many great blogs - not enough time! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, Barbara, and any schedule you choose is fine with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angelina, yep, flexible. So how does that jive with a schedule? For me, finding one that works.

    Susan, I'm a creative mind in some respects but need structure in others. =) (It will be about 6 weeks before the backyard looks like this year, and then I'm sad....until spring.)

    Kristen, I know! I try to visit blogs on the days I post - and sometimes between. There are so many great blogs! Thanks for taking time with mine.

    Michael, that may be the sweetest blog comment I've ever received. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great plan. I can relate to not keeping up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire you for sticking to any kind of schedule. The only blogging I do with regularity is middle grade mondays. I keep meaning to have a definite schedule for another day of the week, but so far it hasn't happened! And I agree: three days a week is almost impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great, but it's okay if you miss. We all understand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not a bad thing to have a schedule! I stick to my Monday Thursday posting pretty well, so it works for me! Plus as you said, it's subject to change. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natalie, Joanne, Myrna - thank you.

    Lisa, the twice-weekly has a good vibe to it. I think it'll work for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. I'm sticking to Wordless Wednesdays, myself, until I have something brilliant to say. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristen, your Wordless Wednesdays are FUN! But all your other posts are brilliant as well. =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments. Yay! They're almost as good as chocolate. Almost.