First up, Blog Award which involves linking to the award giver (done above) and listing seven random facts about myself. Fun. I love randomness!
- My dog Teddy and I have walked 188 out of 195 days this year (96.4%). I'm keeping track in 2011 because I knew we walked almost every day and was curious what almost means.
- No book is my favorite. I just can't pick one.
- I'm not a bad cook; I just don't like cooking.
- Friday nights in the fall mean high school football games (my husband coaches). Rain, snow, cold - I'm there. Football is awesome.
- Expending daily calories on beverages doesn't make sense to me when there's dark chocolate to eat (and I dislike diet versions), so I sip my husband's soda (it drives him nuts - "Why don't you open your own?!!?").
- I can't stand wearing socks and only do so in the winter out of necessity.
- In seventh grade, I had braces, super short hair, and HUGE glasses. It wasn't my best year.
Are you hot? Only if the air temp is above 85 degrees. If it's below 70, I'm chilly. As far as looks, my husband thinks I am. Other than that, it doesn't really matter, right?
Upload a picture or wallpaper you are using at the moment.
My kids along the rocky shores of Lake Superior just north of Duluth, MN
When was the last time you ate chicken? Hmmmm. Last week sometime I marinated chicken in lemon pepper sauce, my husband grilled it, and we ate it with fettuccine alfredo pasta and fresh parmesan. Except my daughter ate her pasta with fresh peppers of all colors; she's a vegetarian. I could be too, except for grilled chicken.
Songs you listened to recently: Whatever was on 'Cities 97' while in my car yesterday. I don't listen to music except while driving. Weird, I know.
What were you thinking as you were doing this? Assuming this relates to the music question, I was chatting with my kids. Music is a background thing for me.
Do you have nicknames? A close-knit group of friends calls me Dex because I have the details (or google them if I don't know) on things like addresses, times things begin, phone numbers, costs of things, exact directions, that kind of stuff. And my GPS gets lots of use, even in my own city of Minneapolis. What can I say? I've got the info.
Tag some blogger friends (Only if you want to play). I only tagged a few who I thought might actually do this and who I'd love to know more about. And I award the same folks the versatile blogger award because, let's face it, I'm being lazy.